Sunday, April 15, 2012

Dancers

forty six.


I had this dream I ran on water
The spray laced round the jutted out white
Of my ankle bones
And beneath
The thrashing of their rippled ceiling,
Scales caught, by those pinholes of light that leak always
Through our black blanket fort
And through those pinholes,
Miles of fishing line, with hooks dangling off them.

My head couldn't decide if it wanted to be bliss or fear
Or high
And my eyes just bled tears
Because the smell of rain was kind of beautiful
Coming from such fragile air

(The stars must look like dancers from inside the sea)

We fell asleep painted gold by the streetlight just outside of your window,
That flickered for a while threatening to go out.

And earlier, sitting in the open window of the bar
Because the night was warm,
I watched the muted tv for a while
Giants sliding down polished floor
And you hated basketball, but I said they looked like dancers
From outside the screen.

(We must look like a mirage from inside the sea)

2 comments:

  1. It's lovely...
    "(The stars must look like dancers from inside the sea)" is my favorite line!

    xx
    Sophia

    ReplyDelete